While fishing or camping near local reservoirs be on the lookout for Algae
August 12, 2020
On September 1 of 2019, Blaine County was notified of a death to a lady’s 10 month old puppy after drinking water immediately below the outflow of Cow Creek Reservoir. A few days later a qualitative water sample test was positive for the presence of microcystin, a known liver toxin, at or above the advisory level for recreation.
A post on the Hill County Health Department Facebook page states that research done by MSU-Northern found levels to be toxic high enough to pose health risks at Beaver Creek Reservoir. Bailey Reservoir as well as Kremlin Reservoir are considered to have the blue/g...