Toxic algae prompts warning at Cow Creek Reservoir
September 11, 2019
CHINOOK – Blaine County health officials reported Wednesday that toxic, blue-green algae has been found in Cow Creek Reservoir, southwest of Chinook.
On Sunday, September 1, Blaine County was alerted that a woman’s 10-month old puppy had died after drinking water immediately below the outfall of Cow Creek Reservoir. On Wednesday, September 4, a qualitative water sample test was positive for the presence of microcystin, a known liver toxin, at or above the advisory level for recreation.
The Blaine County Sherriff’s office has posted five of the state Harmful Algal Bloom program’s cau...